Sustained quality programming is the result of robust
support structures that exist throughout all levels of a program. Through these
support structures, we can identify strengths and needs, set challenging yet achievable
goals, design plans to achieve these goals, and implement the plans in a
sustained way. Children thrive when they have supportive caregivers; caregivers
thrive when they have supportive administrators; and administrators thrive when
they have supportive consultants.
At Atlas Training, our network of OEC-approved Education
Consultants is available to support your program. While our consultants do
provide all services required by the CT Office of Early Childhood, our focus is
on staff development, which we achieve through the following intensive components:
- Development of logical and clear professional
development plans for staff
- Support to facilitate staff enrollment in higher
education or CDA training programs
- Classroom observations to identify areas where additional
training is needed
- Discounted rates for our Online CDA Training Program
The consultants at Atlas Training will provide research-informed recommendations to make sure that early childhood programs are aware of and working towards the highest standards of quality for their early childhood environments. To this end, our team will adhere to the following requirements:
Annual Requirements for OEC Licensing:
- Annually review program policies, plans, and
procedures and will provide recommendations and feedback in writing.
- Annually review program curriculum documents and
educational program and provide recommendations and feedback.
- Be available by phone, email, and
teleconferencing to provide professional advice and make recommendations
regarding issues that may arise.
- Visit the site at least once to inspect the
environmental design, monitor classroom routines and teaching practices, and
review the administrative systems in place to ensure that internal monitoring
systems are adequate to ensure compliance with state and local licensing
requirements. Atlas Training will be available to the program for additional
in-person consultation site visits as requested by the program.
- Consult with administration and staff about
specific problems that may arise.
- Act as a resource to staff and parents of the
- Document consulting activities and provide
substantive feedback and recommendations to support the development of the
- Facilitate staff training sessions and
in-service professional development experiences to address Program-selected
topics on an as-needed basis.
- Review staff professional development records to
ascertain existing qualifications and make recommendations for future
in-service training and professional development pursuits.
- Periodically share information about upcoming
funding, training, scholarship, and technical assistance opportunities that
arise throughout the state of Connecticut.
We see consultation as a valuable partnership, and we take
our consulting agreements with ECE organizations seriously. We ensure that all
OEC Education Consultant requirements are met, and we provide detailed,
thorough feedback from any site visits, policy reviews, or administrative support
services that we perform. These services
may be secured at the following rates:
- Atlas Training will charge programs at a rate of
- Atlas Training will not charge for more than 24
hours a year or 2 hours per month without the express consent of the program.
- Atlas Training will bill the program monthly for
- Payment is due within 30 days of receipt of an