Welcome to Atlas Training Center: A Training and Consulting Program for Early Childhood Education
Atlas Training is an online CDA Training Program in Child Development / Early Childhood Education. It offers Competency-Based Education (CBE) to participants on an interactive learning platform and is an alternative to the traditional online model of watching videos and taking a multiple choice quiz to demonstrate knowledge.
Participants enrolling in Atlas Training work through one module at a time and demonstrate that they understand and can apply what they learn prior to moving on to the next module. Progress is based on demonstration of proficiency and/or mastery of the 13 functional areas of the national CDA and is measured through assessments that include discussions, assignments, reflections and multiple choice quizzes.
Though Atlas Training is a six month program, students have flexibility within each month to complete work at their own pace. Content mastery is the focus, rather than students completing training just to earn hours to use towards the credential.
Our program goals are to contribute to early childhood education by:
- Offering training to new or experienced teachers in Early Childhood Education to meet the 120-hour requirement to prepare them to apply for the national CDA Credential.
- Supporting teachers in moving from the CDA onto a professional path to develop as credentialed and degreed teachers.
- Working with new program directors by providing consultative services to get their new centers to comply with OEC Licensing requirements in a timely manner and to stay on track for continued success.
- Supporting new program directors in effectively training their staff on best practices for working with individual children.
- Offering monthly professional development workshops for teachers in early childhood education to support them in developing meaningful and effective curriculum for young children.
- Facilitating conversations with teachers related to developing meaningful relationships and curriculum for children as well as involving parents in care.
With Atlas Training, you get the following benefits:
Learn more about Atlas Training by clicking on the ‘About Us’ link above.
- Qualified Consultants and Instructors: A program consultant or course instructor will provide ongoing feedback throughout your experiences with us and will be available to support you.
- Collaborative Learning: Our CDA training programs are organized into cohorts. You will be able to learn from other students' experiences as you participate in online discussions. For monthly workshops, you will be able to network with others who teach young children, too.
- 100% Online: Our CDA Program is 100% online for those who prefer this approach. For those interested in a hybrid model, we offer that approach as well. Assignments for each module can be completed at any time during the month they are active (1 module per month).
- Meaningful Field Experiences: Throughout the program, you will have opportunities to apply your learning to numerous scenarios that you may encounter in the field.
Online CDA TrainingFor CDA Training, we urge you to review our website and to reach out with any questions. If you are ready to register for a cohort, please select one of the cohorts below to register today.
Select one of the cohorts below to register today!
Please click on the tab to review our offerings.
Monthly Professional Development Workshops
For Monthly Professional Development workshops, please
continue to watch our ‘Training and Curriculum Development’ tab to find updated
information each month.